BEAUTY TIPS FOR THE MODERN GIRL

A HOW TO SITE FOR THOSE WHO ARE BEAUTY CURIOUS AND FASHION OBSESSED

Sunday, February 28, 2010

COLORFUL SMOKY EYES


Traveling can be an inspiration in many ways. I recently came back from a trip to Hawaii where I was blown away by the absolute beauty of nature there. Everywhere we visited was exquisite. The ocean, sunset and the landscape is absolutely breathtaking. The colors are so rich and vivid that every view looked picturesque. I figured that I would incorporate the different hues of the natural landscape into my makeup. I have been noticing the trend of smoky eyes being done with bright and bold colors. Here are a couple different forms of smoky eyes done with a dramatic pop of color instead of the basic black.






PURPLE SMOKY EYES

To create my smoky purple eyes, I first used a neutral iridescent powder called "Fairylite" all over my lid by MAC. On my lower lid I used an intense purple called "Babe" by Kat Von D. Next I lightly applied "Babe" over the crease of my eyes fading upwards. Then I lined my upper and lower lid using a flat brush with a dark shade of purple called "Shiba" also by KVD. I smudged the upper and lower lining with "Babe" to soften the lines. I lined my inner lower and upper lids with a matte black powder to complete the intensity of the look. The last step I did was highlight my brow bone and inner corners of my eyes with an iridescent off-white shadow called "Peanut" by KVD. Most of the shadows I used are available in a palette by KVD called "True Love."






AQUA SMOKY EYES

To achieve this look all I used were 3 different colors. I first used an iridescent aqua shadow called "Surreal" by MAC on my lower lid. To really get that intense pop of color I used my finger instead of a brush. Next I lined my lower and upper lid with a matte black shadow. I blended the black lines with a black and silver combo mineral shadow called "Cinderfella" by MAC. I then used "Cinderfella" in the crease of my eyes. On top of that I blended the crease upwards with "Surreal." I finished the look by applying "Surreal" in the inner corners of my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment