BEAUTY TIPS FOR THE MODERN GIRL

A HOW TO SITE FOR THOSE WHO ARE BEAUTY CURIOUS AND FASHION OBSESSED

Sunday, December 6, 2009

MY 10 FAVORITE BEAUTY ITEMS OF THE MOMENT


1. Quelques Fleurs perfume by Houbigant
Available on Amazon.com for $82.22 for 3.30 oz
The blend of soft, sensual florals uses over 250 different raw materials and more than 15,000 flowers to create just one ounce of Quelques Fleurs eau de parfum. To this day it is still produced in Grasse, France, where Jean Francois Houbigant first created his perfumes in 1775.
I always get compliments on this perfume. It is great for the evening.

2. Prestige Cosmetics liquid eyeliner in black $5.49
Available on Metrobeauty.com in different shades.
This just shows you that you don't have to spend a lot of money to get a good product. I am often allergic to most liquid eyeliners, but with this one I have no problem.

3. MAC Cream Colour Base in Black $16.50
Available at MAC Stores and at maccosmetics.com
Versatile and multi-purpose, Cream Colour Base can be applied directly to bare skin, or layered over foundation, moisturizer, or powder. Apply with a brush, sponge, or fingers. Colour effects range from a light veil to highly dramatic, depending on method of application. Fragrance-free. This product is great to use for a dramatic eye. I like using this for a smokey eye in the evenings.

4. Pratima Rejuvenating Pearl Cream $32.00 for 2 oz

Available at pratimaskincare.com
This skin cream promotes skin renewal, protects against environmental radicals, helps retain moisture and boosts skin natural radiance. I love using this product at night because it always leaves me feeling hydrated in the morning. I usually have to change products every couple months because my skin gets used to them. With the Pearl Cream I have not had that problem.

5. Ren Omega 3 Overnight Lipid Renewal Serum $60.00 for 1.7 oz

Available at Sephora and sephora.com
This complex's bioactives stimulate the skin's natural renewal and regeneration processes, helping to restore suppleness and elasticity. It bolsters innate protection mechanisms, fighting moisture loss and free-radical attack. I mix this serum with my Pearl cream from Pratima and it helps increase the moisture effect.

6. Arcona Eye Dew repair/protect $32.00 for 9 ml
Available at arcona.com and Vert
Nighttime regenerating eye treatment strengthens and rebuilds skin to leave eye area firmer, brighter and younger-looking. Reduce fine lines and wrinkles with our proprietary Glycolymer Complex™. Increase elasticity of thinning, damaged skin with collagen-building pentapeptides. Hydrate and restore depleted skin with vitamin E, beta-glucosamine and borage oil.

7. OPI in Over The Taupe $7.00-$12.00(prices vary)

Available at nailpolishdiva.com
I have looked everywhere for the perfect neutral taupe that doesn't make me look like a corpse. This matched very well with my skin tone.

8. Klorane Dry Shampoo $18.00 for 3.2 oz
Available at Sephora and sephora.com

Klorane Gentle Shampoo with Oat Milk lets you clean hair without water. This dry shampoo is based on softening, protective oat extract, cyclodextrins, and natural polysaccharides (micronised powders with very oil-absorbing properties) to clean the hair without washing, as often as required. The hair regains volume and lightness within minutes. I have tried a few dry shampoos and this one has seemed to work the best if your hair tends to get really oily.

9.
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler $19.00
Available at Sephora and sephora.com
This Instyle award winning curler is known for being one of the top eyelash curlers. I have used this brand for more than 10 years and it is simply the best. It is recommended that you purchase a new one every 6 months.

10. Curel Hand Cream $3.63 for 3.5 oz
Available at CVS drugstores and Target
Winter is upon us and the weather has been dry. There are many lotions out there but this one is inexpensive and effective. Curel hand lotion seems to cure my cracks and dryness. I keep it in my purse for when I need it and apply it at night before I go to sleep and my hands stay moisturized.












No comments:

Post a Comment