BEAUTY TIPS FOR THE MODERN GIRL

A HOW TO SITE FOR THOSE WHO ARE BEAUTY CURIOUS AND FASHION OBSESSED

Monday, April 26, 2010

AT HOME TEETH WHITENING


Have you ever been curious about testing out those "at home" whitening products? Well, I can tell you first hand that they work. I can be a bit obsessive about making sure my pearly whites stay bright. I use an at home brightener yearly and I also use a mouth wash that promises to whiten your teeth as well as freshen your breath. The only problem I experience with these treatments is that tooth sensitivity can occur. There are a few precautions you can take to help. First, it is important to floss regularly so that your gums aren't as sensitive to the treatments. Use the recommended times a year for each lightening session so that you don't go overboard and ruin your enamel. Also, I like to dilute the mouthwash with water so that it doesn't feel so intense. Here are a couple of my favorite whiteners.

LISTERINE WHITENING PRE-BRUSH RINSE-available at CVS for $7.00 for 16oz
I have used this rinse once a day for a few months and I have noticed a difference in the whiteness of my teeth. Listerine recommends to use this rinse twice a day and no more. I only use it in the mornings diluted with half water to prevent tooth sensitivity. You really need to proceed with caution with this one because it can cause oversensitivity when used too much.


CREST WHITESTRIPS PRO EFFECTS-available at select markets and drugstores for $35.00
There are 40 strips for this 10 day whitening formula. I have used this annually over the past few years. There are 2 packets that you use before brushing in the morning and at night. One is for bottom and one is for top. The only complaint I have is that the strips only cover the front teeth while missing some of the back. I rotate this strips covering more of my left in the morning and more of the right in the evening to get it even. I usually notice a major difference in the first 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment