BEAUTY TIPS FOR THE MODERN GIRL

A HOW TO SITE FOR THOSE WHO ARE BEAUTY CURIOUS AND FASHION OBSESSED

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

RAINY DAY BEAUTY


This morning I didn't want to get out of bed. I had all these plans of what I wanted to accomplish today. I decided to be somewhat lazy and blame the rain for my lethargy. I guess I could be somewhat productive as I sit on my couch and watch the continuous coverage of the weather. It's a perfect day for both hair and facial masks. It's little work for great results. Best part is, you don't have to leave your home to do them. Here are a couple good ones.



There are many ways to get a moisturizing mask using home products. This one only needs 3 ingredients that you can find in your own kitchen. You will need 2 tablespoons of honey, a few egg whites, and a spoonful of oatmeal. Mix together and leave on for 10 minutes. While you are waiting, you can use cucumber(sliced) or green teabags(lukewarm) on your eyes to relieve puffiness.


I got this hair mask at Target the other day and really fell in love with it. It was only $7.00 as opposed to L'Oreal's other product line Kerastase which can run upwards of $60! I have used both product lines and L'Oreal may be less money, but it works just as well. It smooths hair and takes away frizz. It is also sulfate free so it is great for color preservation. Just apply it to shampooed hair and leave on for 5 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. I tried the homemade mask and it was great! I have never tried a homemade mask before. I am usually too scared. This one is made with very normal ingredients so it was not gross and I happened to have all the ingredients at home.

    ReplyDelete