BEAUTY TIPS FOR THE MODERN GIRL

A HOW TO SITE FOR THOSE WHO ARE BEAUTY CURIOUS AND FASHION OBSESSED

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

KEVIN AUCOIN

He has always been an inspiration to me. I have had a perpetual fascination with the super models of the nineties ever since I started wearing lipstick in the 8th grade. He reigned during the era of Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford and Naomi Campbell. The signature makeup artist of that time was Kevyn Aucoin. I remember once hearing a quote from him saying "there are rules when it comes to makeup." It always stuck with me because I thought if it works for you, why give it up? He published 3 highly successful books including The Art of Makeup, Face Forward and Making Faces. After his untimely death in 2001, his name still lives on as one of the most infuencial makeup artists in the fashion world. Here are some quotes from him.

-"Beauty is about perception, not about make-up. I think the beginning of all beauty is knowing and liking oneself. You can't put on make-up, or dress yourself, or do you hair with any sort of fun or joy if you're doing it from a position of correction.
"

-"I'd rather have huge success and huge failures than travel in the middle of the road."

-"Life is too short to spend hoping that the perfectly arched eyebrow or hottest new lip shade will mask an ugly heart."

-"Perfection is boring. If a face doesn't have mistakes, it's nothing."

-"That's why I began doing makeup in the first place: I was hoping that through helping people see the beauty in themselves, I could try and find it in me."

-"The faces I see in the modeling industry can get dull."

No comments:

Post a Comment